The scope of the Central Pennsylvania Shortlines RPM includes shortlines that were within the former Pennsylvania Railroad Middle Division territory, namely:
- The Bellefonte Central Railroad (previously the Bellefonte & Buffalo Run Railroad and the Buffalo Run, Bellefonte & Bald Eagle Railroad).
- The Central Railroad of Pennsylvania (previously the Central Pennsylvania Railroad and the Central Pennsylvania Railroad Eastern Extension).
- The East Broad Top Railroad.
- The Everett Railroad.
- The Huntingdon & East Broad Top Railroad.
- The Kishacoquillas Valley Railroad.
- The Nittany Valley Railroad.
- The Susquehanna River and Western Railroad (consolidated the Perry County Railroad and the Newport & Shermans Valley Railroad).
- The Tuscarora Valley Railroad.